A woman’s body constantly evolves and goes through many changes. Some are biological and environmental. Others are chosen, or not, and some may be altered to one’s satisfaction. Changes involve breasts, too. A woman’s breasts are inherently and deeply a part of her femininity, her identity, and her self-image.
Here in Newport Beach, breast revision surgery is a prime example of science and art combined to help in making a woman even more attractive and more confident in all facets of her life. Every woman wants to look her best and deserves to do something special just for herself. When she improves her appearance and shape to look her best, she also feels a hundred times better about herself, her life, and her future. That’s priceless, and she’s worth it!
Most women who come into my breast revision office for help prefer to verbalize their stories of experience and change, not to have their bodies speak for them. Some become emotional when telling me how important it is for them to look and feel in the ways they need. Having needs met for good overall health and a positive self-image is critical throughout life—physically, mentally, and emotionally together. I understand because I’m a son, a husband, a father, and a friend. A woman’s quality of life is extremely important! I am relieved to be able to help in any way I can. Even more specifically, as a board-certified Orange County Plastic Surgeon, I feel privileged to work with extraordinary women who know what they need and are courageous enough to pursue outstanding help in order to recover their confidence.
Women want and need consistency with the look, feel, and comfort of their breasts. Anything to the contrary is unacceptable and inconvenient. Prior breast work may have been just an initial augmentation and/or a lift. Now, you may need revision to correct problems and complications from procedures that were performed by surgeons at other facilities. Or, you may desire updates as your body and choices change. The intended changes may involve:
- implants with or without problems (malposition, rupture, size, asymmetry, removal)
- soft-tissue concerns (asymmetry or position and direction of breasts or nipples, inverted nipples, or the appearance/size of scars and stretch marks).
For most patients, aesthetic breast surgery is safe and produces satisfactory to wildly pleasing results. However, once in a great while a woman somewhere is not satisfied with her outcome. It may be that a qualified surgeon really did his/her best while unusual outcomes could not be predicted.
If your first breast augmentation or your most-recent cosmetic breast surgery did not meet your expectations, it may be due to one or more concrete reasons.
- Temporary: Your concerns may resolve once the healing process is complete. For example, after a breast augmentation with or without lift, your breasts will need on average 3-6 months to heal, for the swelling to subside, and for your implants to “drop and fluff” in order to show the intended position, size, shape, and results. When this process finishes, you’ll likely find that your “new” breasts really do meet or exceed your expectations.
- Inexperience: Your surgeon is not board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and/or the facility used is subpar. For example, improper implant usage, placement, and technique by a surgeon who is inexperienced and/or not board certified can easily lead to a botched procedure. The result can be complications and the need for follow-up corrective procedures. That means you will lose more money in terms of additional surgeries, time off work, childcare costs, pain, medications, inconvenience, and maybe more.
- Mistakes: Surgical mistakes and/or a communication error (a mistake or a lack of information) between your surgeon and you about expectations are obvious. You can see them and/or you’re feeling an unusual level of pain or other symptoms.
- Implant Type: The type of implants doesn’t match your choice or your needs, after all. Customary choices are saline or silicone, or gummy bear breast implants that use cohesive silicone gel (soft and flexible, they feel natural and they look natural in part because they maintain their shape).
- Implant Size, Position, Method: Your implants seem to be too large (especially for a small-framed woman) or too small. Or, they seem to be positioned too high and/or too far apart, or to have changed position/moved. Or, they seem to have been placed via the wrong method; placement beneath the pectoral muscle (submuscular) is the preferred method to produce the better result and to help in preventing future capsular contractures.
- Deflation or Rupture: One or both implants have deflated (like a balloon or a tire gone flat) or ruptured (leaked). This is a rare occurrence either soon after the augmentation or years later. This can happen because you did not follow post-surgical instructions or result from unforeseen circumstances such as an injury.
- Capsular Contracture: Years later (usually), the natural formation of scar tissue around the implant may tighten and constrict. You don’t know it until you feel pain and/or the affected breast feels hard and also looks unnatural in both shape and position (usually suddenly higher than the other).
- Age of Implants: You were told that your implants would not last forever, and the time has come for replacement. Today’s more-durable implants are expected to last much longer than those of 20+ years ago. I will explain your best options to you during our consultation.
- Implant Removal: When implants are removed, the breasts are much smaller again. Now, various levels of common problems or deformity logically may occur: drooping (ptosis), asymmetry (matching shape), and dimpling of the skin. Your age, and also the age and size of your implants, may further worsen the effects and the displeasing look of your breasts.
- Breast-Reduction Problem or Choice: Your breast-reduction procedure may have removed too little or too much tissue. So, now you may need a corrective procedure that likely will include a breast lift.
- Sutures: Extensive sutures on the breasts will not dissolve. So, they will leave obvious scarring that will be bothersome to you or your partner(s).
The bottom line: Your breast revision surgery should be done right the first time for your overall quality of life and for your budget. Advanced training, knowledge, skill, and experience by a Board-Certified Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon will make all the difference. The right surgeon from the start is what you need.
Revision breast surgery requires even greater expertise than what is needed for either a breast augmentation or a breast lift. In a revision procedure, science and art must fuse with the utmost care to produce the safest and most-aesthetic results. That includes, among much more, the best and most-careful surgical, handling, and placement techniques for delicate tissues and sutures in order to achieve the most-minimal scarring in the least-visible locations.
Seeking to consult with a highly recommended and compassionate plastic surgeon in Los Angeles or Orange County? Please, look no further than SSK Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Here, we offer:
- the most-effective, old-school, and cutting-edge techniques
- care and solutions that are custom tailored to your needs and satisfaction. For your consultation, please bring photos of your goal.
- an impressive arsenal of tools to maintain, enhance, or maximize your looks and to help you feel better
- genuine care, considerate communication, and skill beyond your highest hopes― the first time and every time
- privacy, confidentiality, and complete answers
I believe you’ll feel assured that you made the right choice—before, during, and after your procedure—as a member of our extended family. And, I would be honored to be called one of your most-trusted physicians.
You are unique from other women. Your breast revision surgery procedure will be unique to your frame and shape, your needs and comfort. We want you to feel as beautiful and satisfied as you deserve to feel based on your results--without further surgical complications, dissatisfaction, and unnecessary discomfort and concern. Your utmost satisfaction is my ultimate mission! Will breast revision surgery remedy all of your concerns? My years of advanced training, many successes, and board certification as an Orange County Plastic Surgeon make me highly qualified to serve your needs while reassuring every extra measure of safety for you.
Outcomes are so important to physical health and self-image! The old saying that you get what you pay for really is true. I want you to feel pleased by knowing two key things:
- My expertise and the facilities I use are top of the line, and I am board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to provide you the optimum patient experience.
- The stellar service and results I provide are affordable and can easily be financed (please see our Financing Options page).
Now I want to address a few particular breast issues and their solutions. Breast Revision procedures usually are done on an outpatient basis with the patient under general anesthesia for 1 to 4 hours.
Via careful, gentle handling of tissues and placement of sutures, we do our absolute best to minimize scarring and stretch marks.
- Inverted Nipples: Inverted nipples, whether one or both and for whatever reason, can cause the shape of breasts to appear abnormal. This problem can cause women to feel self-conscious, embarrassed, and maybe even a bit timid in the bedroom. Logically, it can also present challenges for new mothers to breastfeed and bond with their babies. Fortunately, it is a cosmetic problem. To help you, we at SSK can:
- evaluate the level of structural inversion and its related required solution to nearby tissues
- correct it easily, usually painlessly and permanently
- solve it most likely by involving the use of a newer technique that corrects nearby restrictive tissues while preserving the milk ducts for possible breastfeeding
- examine you to help in determining the cause. The cause could be, for example, drooped breasts, breastfeeding, an accident, a scar, or you were born that way. Caution: If you don’t know of a clear cause, it could be a sign of breast disease or even cancer, and you need to be examined by your physician ASAP.
- Stretch Marks: To treat stretch marks, we can use non-surgical or surgical techniques.
- Non-surgically, we can use laser skin treatment and resurfacing, fillers, chemical peels, or top-of-the-line skin products to treat and improve the impression.
- Surgically, a breast augmentation with implants, a breast reduction, and/or a breast lift often also help to reduce the appearance of such marks.
- Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation, and Breast Reduction:
- A breast lift is intended to correct the ptosis/drooping caused by gravity, aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or the removal of breast implants.
- It may also aid to give your breasts their ideal shape with breast augmentation.
- Some women suffer from breasts that are too large for their frames, which interfere with their daily living, exercise, hygiene, and comfort. A breast reduction may help to achieve their ideal breast shape in proportion to their individual frames.
The vast majority of women who have undergone these procedures say that the techniques are safe, they are pleased, and their confidence has skyrocketed. They got the results they wanted: more-proportionate body contours, increased sex appeal, improved fit of clothing, and more. They know they’re worth it and their results show it!
After your breast revision surgery, please follow the safety and care guidelines that we give you. Later, if you suspect an implant contracture or a rupture at any point, even 20 years from now, please call me right away to help you as your Orange County Plastic Surgeon.
Choosing the right Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon at consultation time will save you much more than pain, money, and inconvenience. You need a genuinely compassionate, highly skilled, and board-certified Orange County Plastic Surgeon for your breast revision surgery. I would be honored to listen to your concerns and to work with you in preparing a plan of action that will leave you feeling satisfied, if not over the Moon.