Breast Revision in Newport Beach, CA
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Is Breast Revision?
A woman’s body constantly evolves and goes through many changes. Some are biological and environmental. Others are chosen, or not, and some may be altered to one’s satisfaction. Changes involve breasts, too. A woman’s breasts are inherently and deeply a part of her femininity, her identity, and her self-image.
At SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA breast revision surgery is a prime example of science and art combined to help in making a woman even more attractive and more confident in all facets of her life. Every woman wants to look her best and deserves to do something special just for herself. When she improves her appearance and shape to look her best, she may also feel better about herself, her life, and her future. That’s priceless, and she’s worth it!
Most women who come to visit Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi for help, prefer to verbalize their stories of experience and want to change their bodies for the better. Some become emotional when telling Dr. Kelishadi how important it is for them to look and feel in the ways they need. Having needs met for good overall health and a positive self-image is critical throughout life—physically, mentally, and emotionally together. A woman’s quality of life is extremely important! Dr. Kelishadi is relieved to be able to help in any way he can. Even more specifically, as a board-certified Orange County Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Kelishadi feels privileged to work with extraordinary women who know what they need and are courageous enough to pursue outstanding help in order to recover their confidence.
Is Breast Revision Right for Me?
Women want and need consistency with the look, feel, and comfort of their breasts. Anything to the contrary is unacceptable and inconvenient. Prior breast work may have been just an initial augmentation and/or a lift. Now, you may need revision to correct problems and complications from procedures that were performed by surgeons at other facilities. Or, you may desire updates as your body and choices change. The intended changes may involve:
- implants with or without problems (malposition, rupture, size, asymmetry, removal)
- soft-tissue concerns (asymmetry or position and direction of breasts or nipples, inverted nipples, or the appearance/size of scars and stretch marks).
For most patients, aesthetic breast surgery is safe and produces satisfactory to wildly pleasing results. However, once in a great while a woman somewhere is not satisfied with her outcome. It may be that a qualified surgeon really did his/her best while unusual outcomes could not be predicted.
How Is Breast Revision Performed?
Revision breast surgery requires even greater expertise than what is needed for either a breast augmentation or a breast lift. In a revision procedure, science and art must fuse with the utmost care to produce the safest and most aesthetic results. That includes, among much more, the best and most-careful surgical, handling, and placement techniques for delicate tissues and sutures in order to achieve the most-minimal scarring in the least-visible locations.
Breast Revision Reviews
I am nearly 6 months post op and I can truthfully say I am 100% happy with my results. I had previously had a traumatic experience with a revision where I had more complications coming out of the revision than I did prior... I had lumps of leftover scar tissue the previous surgeon disregarded, uneven keloid scars, and to top it all off, the surgeon had dropped something on my stomach during surgery that left a nasty burn mark. I was unhappy with the results and as time went on, the complications just became more and more visible. I was self conscious and honestly furious that I essentially paid to feel self conscious. Jaded, it took me a while to muster up the courage to find a surgeon that I could trust to fix my breasts. I found Dr. Kelishadi after months and months of research, this time specifically looking for someone who had a history of success in complicated breast revisions as opposed to just seeing before and afters from "virgin breasts." Dr K and his wonderful staff are all consummate professionals. He talked through what he believed was best for me after I gave my concerns, told me alternative hypotheticals since there was no certainty without actually opening me up, and provided me examples of previous patients that had similar complications. My surgery was indeed complicated and took about 4 hours. I immediately knew from my recovery process that Dr K did way more work than my previous revision I mean it was night and day. I felt a little like an alien the first few weeks, but Dr K gave me so much confidence in trusting the process. Slowly but surely, my implants have settled. He took out all my scar tissue, revised my scars (even the nasty burn I had on my stomach from my previous surgeon), and placed an internal bra to help give me more support while I heal. I could not be happier with my results and I am so incredibly thankful that I found Dr Kelishadi. It’s kind of daunting to write out my journey with implants, but I know I can’t be the only one that had crazy complications from implants. If you have "virgin breasts" or complications from your current implants, give Dr Kelishadi a call. I am positive you will have a wonderful experience as I did.Thank you Dr Kelishadi and staff
Oh , where do I begin? I’ll try to make this short and sweet ... prior to moving from the East Coast to Orange County , I was on a search for the BEST board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in breast revisions and anything breast related , and with much research (because that’s what I do) Do your research ladies , don’t settle because someone is "cheap" or you found a Groupon for the love of God , avoid that!! This is your body , why the heck would you settle ? When I found Dr. Kelashadi , I inquired immediately! I loved his presence on social media , the reviews, and especially his work ! I set up an appointment via Zoom to get more information and truly just to meet him . I’m an excellent judge of character and found him and his staff absolutely amazing . He is caring, kind, smart, driven, professional and a perfectionist . He listened to my concerns, and made me feel safe . Later that month , I went in for my consultation in person . I was greeted by the most amazing staff! Kind, happy, and comforting. I filled out all of my health questionnaires , got into my robe and then my first set of pics were taken . Not once did I feel uncomfortable, not once . Then Dr. Kelashadi came in to assess me and we made the decision together based off of my desired outcome . He took into consideration my shape (I’m small and have an athletic build ) He knew not to just stuff my breasts like most surgeons do.On the day of the surgery, I wasn’t nervous at all, if anything I was excited like a kid on Christmas morning! Everyone in the surgery center was beyond amazing . Dr. Kelashadi marked me and discussed with me one more time to assure me that we’re on the same page and my goodness , that made me feel even safer! He wound up doing a full reconstruction (which we discussed may happen at the first visit) since I had my previous breast implants in for 10 years and my implants were incapsulated . I woke up from my surgery and was so happy as expected . He understood the assignment !! Healing took a little over a week and I was super compliant (that’s important ladies) Each follow up after was a joy as well ! He is a perfectionist and I HIGHLY recommend him , don’t look any further , I already did the work for you! His amazing wife , Dr. Sherry is pretty incredible as well and helps women with their hormone balance and overall well being! Mind, body, and soul I later decided to check out their med spa and had an incredible experience with Elania , she too answered all of my questions and was very gentle . Thank you for all you do ! Oh and let me not forget to mention , he is also the king of waistlines and labioplasties, and more ! I’ll be seeing you again soon ! Thank you again ! Love you ALL
I recently underwent a breast revision procedure at SSK Plastic Surgery, and I must say that my experience far exceeded my expectations. From start to finish, the entire journey was seamless, and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Here’s why I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kelishadi for anyone considering breast revision: Dr. Kelishadi is an exceptional plastic surgeon. From the initial consultation to the post-surgery follow-ups, Dr. Kelishadi displayed remarkable expertise and a genuine care for my well-being. He took the time to listen to and provided me with detailed explanations of the procedure. The entire team at SSK Plastic Surgery was welcoming, friendly and professional. They made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process, and their knowledge and expertise to my needs were remarkable. One aspect that truly impressed me was the personalized approach they took throughout the entire journey. I even worked with Dr. Sherrie for my hormones prior to surgery and needless to say I feel much better now. I felt that she too was invested in my overall health. Lastly, when it came to deciding the appropriate size for my revision, I had to place my trust in Dr. Kelishadi’s expertise and technique. I discussed my desired goals with him, and he carefully assessed my body proportions, existing breast tissue and overall aesthetic balance. Although I had initial apprehension about relinquishing control over to the size decision, I am thrilled to say that I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. The size chosen by Dr. Kelishadi was absolutely perfect! I would highly recommend SSK Plastic Surgery!
Dr. Kelishadi is amazing!!! He made me feel so comfortable! I had Breast Augmentation May 26th. I'm three months out and loving my results! I was very self conscious about my chest. My breasts shrunk due to breast feeding. I didn't even want to change in front of my husband. (he loved them no matter what lol) and now I am feeling so great about it! He said he's even noticed a boost in my confidence level. I love it! i feel good..i feel sexy. I never thought I would actually go through with getting this done, but Dr. Kelishadi and his staff helped me with every step of the way. He was very caring and checked up on me after surgery. His staff was very nice as well. All so helpful! I highly recommend him!
I recently had a breast revision/augmentation with a lift by Dr Kelishadi and I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon! He is known as the King of Cleavage and definitely lives up to the name. His staff is friendly, professional, and prompt to answer calls and respond to emails. It was also super nice and convenient having Dr Sherry as part of the team helping with all the medications ordered. On my pre op visit, I was given a bag with all the medications I would need for my surgery and recovery. Dr Sherry would text and make sure I didn’t have any questions which was so appreciated. After my surgery, Dr Kelishadi would call and check in to make sure I was doing well. If I had a questions or concerns, Dr Kelishadi would promptly call and answer all the questions I had. He is genuinely a great person and an amazing Surgeon that I would highly recommend.
Get In Touch
How do I prepare for Breast Revision?
Seeking to consult with a highly recommended and compassionate plastic surgeon in Los Angeles or Orange County? Please, look no further than SSK Plastic Surgery. Here, we offer:
- the most-effective, cutting-edge techniques
- care and solutions that are custom tailored to your needs and satisfaction. For your consultation, please bring photos of your goal.
- an impressive arsenal of tools to maintain, enhance, or maximize your looks and to help you feel better
- genuine care, considerate communication, and skill
- privacy, confidentiality, and complete answers
Dr. Kelishadi believes you’ll feel assured that you made the right choice—before, during, and after your procedure—as a member of our extended family. And, Dr. Kelishadi would be honored to be called one of your most-trusted physicians.
You are unique from other women. Your breast revision surgery procedure will be unique to your frame and shape, your needs and comfort. We want you to feel as beautiful and satisfied as you deserve to feel based on your results--without further surgical complications, dissatisfaction, and unnecessary discomfort and concern. Dr. Kelishadi's years of advanced training, many successes, and board certification as an Orange County Plastic Surgeon make him highly-qualified to serve your needs while reassuring every extra measure of safety for you.
What Results Can I Expect from Breast Revision?
After your breast revision surgery, please follow the safety and care guidelines that we give you. Later, if you suspect an implant contracture or a rupture at any point, even 20 years from now, please call Dr.Kelishadi right away to help you.
Choosing the right surgeon can save you pain, money, and inconvenience. You need a genuinely compassionate, highly skilled, and board-certified Orange County plastic surgeon for your breast revision surgery. Dr. Kelishadi would be honored to listen to your concerns and to work with you in preparing a plan of action that will leave you feeling satisfied. Please feel free to contact the SSK Plastic Surgery office today. We’ll be here for you before, during, and after your procedure.
Saline to Silicone Gel Implant Upgrades Along with Breast Revisions and LiftsView Photos
Great Outcome: Newport Beach, CA Breast RevisionView Photos
Removal and Replacement of Ruptured Silicone Gel Breast Implants Newport BeachView Photos
SSK Plastic Surgery: Breast Revision for 10 Year Old ImplantsView Photos
Newport Beach, CA Breast Revision: SSK Plastic SurgeryView Photos
Learn More About SSK Plastic SurgeryAbout Us
How Is Breast Revision Performed?
Outcomes are so important to physical health and self-image! The old saying that you get what you pay for really is true. Dr. Kelishadi wants you to feel pleased by knowing two key things:
- His expertise and the facilities he uses are top of the line, and he is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to provide you the optimum patient experience.
- The stellar service and results he can provide are affordable and can easily be financed (please see our Financing Options page).
Now, Dr. Kelishadi wants to address a few particular breast issues and their solutions. Breast revision procedures usually are done on an outpatient basis with the patient under general anesthesia for 1 to 4 hours.
Via careful, gentle handling of tissues and placement of sutures, we do our best to minimize scarring and stretch marks.
- Inverted Nipples: Inverted nipples, whether one or both and for whatever reason, can cause the shape of breasts to appear abnormal. This problem can cause women to feel self-conscious, embarrassed, and maybe even a bit timid in the bedroom. Logically, it can also present challenges for new mothers who want to breastfeed and bond with their babies. To help you, we at SSK can:
- evaluate the level of structural inversion and its related required solution to nearby tissues
- correct the nipples with minimal pain for long-lasting results
- solve it most likely by involving the use of a newer technique that corrects nearby restrictive tissues while preserving the milk ducts for possible breastfeeding
- examine you to help in determining the cause. The cause could be, for example, drooped breasts, breastfeeding, an accident, a scar, or you were born that way. Caution: If you don’t know of a clear cause, it could be a sign of breast disease or even cancer, and you need to be examined by your physician ASAP.
- Stretch Marks: To treat stretch marks, we can use non-surgical or surgical techniques.
- Non-surgically, we can use laser skin treatment and resurfacing, fillers, chemical peels, or top-of-the-line skin products to treat and improve the impression.
- Surgically, a breast augmentation with implants, a breast reduction, and/or a breast lift often also help to reduce the appearance of such marks.
- Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation, and Breast Reduction:
- A breast lift is intended to correct the ptosis/drooping caused by gravity, aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or the removal of breast implants.
- It may also aid to give your breasts their ideal shape with breast augmentation.
- Some women suffer from breasts that are too large for their frames, which interfere with their daily living, exercise, hygiene, and comfort. A breast reduction may help to achieve their ideal breast shape in proportion to their individual frames.
The vast majority of women who have undergone these procedures say that the techniques are safe, they are pleased, and their confidence has skyrocketed. They got the results they wanted: more-proportionate body contours, increased sex appeal, improved fit of clothing, and more. They know they’re worth it and their results show it!
What Reasons Might I Need Breast Revision?
If your first breast augmentation or your most-recent cosmetic breast surgery did not meet your expectations, it may be due to one or more of these common reasons.
- Temporary: Your concerns may resolve once the healing process is complete. For example, after a breast augmentation with or without lift, your breasts will need on average 3-6 months to heal, for the swelling to subside, and for your implants to “drop and fluff” in order to show the intended position, size, shape, and results. When this process finishes, you’ll likely find that your “new” breasts really do meet or exceed your expectations.
- Inexperience: Your surgeon is not board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and/or the facility used is sub-par. For example, improper implant usage, placement, and technique by a surgeon who is inexperienced and/or not board certified can easily lead to a botched procedure. The result can be complications and create the need for follow-up corrective procedures. That means you will lose more money in terms of additional surgeries, time off work, childcare costs, pain, medications, inconvenience, and maybe more.
- Mistakes: Surgical mistakes and/or a communication error (a mistake or a lack of information) between your surgeon and you about expectations are obvious. You can see them and/or you’re feeling an unusual level of pain or other symptoms.
- Implant Type: The type of implants doesn’t match your choice or your needs. Customary choices are saline or silicone, or gummy bear breast implants that use cohesive silicone gel (soft and flexible, they feel natural and they look natural in part because they maintain their shape).
- Implant Size, Position, Method: Your implants seem to be too large (especially for a small-framed woman) or too small. Or, they seem to be positioned too high and/or too far apart, or to have changed position/moved. Or, they seem to have been placed via the wrong method; placement beneath the pectoral muscle (submuscular) is the preferred method to produce the better result and to help in preventing future capsular contractures.
- Deflation or Rupture: One or both implants have deflated (like a balloon or a tire gone flat) or ruptured (leaked). This is a rare occurrence either soon after the augmentation or years later. This can happen because you did not follow post-surgical instructions or result from unforeseen circumstances such as an injury.
- Capsular Contracture: Years later (usually), the natural formation of scar tissue around the implant may tighten and constrict. You don’t know it until you feel pain and/or the affected breast feels hard and also looks unnatural in both shape and position (usually suddenly higher than the other).
- Age of Implants: You were told that your implants would not last forever, and the time has come for replacement. Today’s more-durable implants are expected to last much longer than those of 20+ years ago. Dr. Kelishadi will explain your best options to you during our consultation.
- Implant Removal: When implants are removed, the breasts are much smaller again. Now, various levels of common problems or deformity logically may occur: drooping (ptosis), asymmetry (matching shape), and dimpling of the skin. Your age, and also the age and size of your implants, may further worsen the effects and the displeasing look of your breasts.
- Breast-Reduction Problem or Choice: Your breast-reduction procedure may have removed too little or too much tissue. So, now you may need a corrective procedure that likely will include a breast lift.
- Sutures: Extensive sutures on the breasts will not dissolve. So, they will leave obvious scarring that will be bothersome to you or your partner(s).
The bottom line: Your breast revision surgery should be done right the first time for your overall quality of life and for your budget. Advanced training, knowledge, skill, and experience by a board-certified Newport Beach plastic surgeon will make all the difference. The right surgeon from the start is what you need.
We're Here If You Change Your Mind
Breast revision surgery is a custom treatment tailored for your specific needs by Dr. Kelishadi. If you're displeased with your breast augmentation results or desire a different outcome, we invite you to get in touch with our Newport Beach, CA office to schedule your appointment at SSK Plastic Surgery. There are so many factors to think about and Dr. Kelishadi, M.D. FACS will perform a full physical assessment, create your revision recommendations, and discuss realistic outcome expectations.