Meet Dr. Kelishadi
Dr. Shahrooz Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA. He is also the President of SSK Plastic Surgery. Prior to practicing in California, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland. Later, Dr. Kelishadi served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. Both residencies provided Dr. Kelishadi with a strong and diverse foundation that has equipped him to perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries. Dr. Kelishadi has a great passion for combining science and beauty as an art. Therefore, as a highly-qualified Plastic Surgeon, he is constantly continuing his education to provide his patients with the latest and most modern techniques for optimum results.
As a leading plastic surgeon, Dr. Kelishadi has been recognized by RealSelf as a Top Contributor. This designation is saved for providers that share the mission of empowering patients to make informed decisions based on reliable information. This award is given to less than 10% of the RealSelf Community and is also a recognition of their high patient rating and favorable feedback on their contributions.
Education & Training
Dr. Sean Kelishadi received his undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. After receiving his B.S. in biology and chemistry, he continued his education at the University of Tennessee-Memphis College of Medicine in Memphis, TN. Upon receiving his medical degree from UTCOM, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland and the prestigious Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, MD. Later, he served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville, in Louisville, KY. Following the completion of his plastic surgery residency, Dr. Kelishadi relocated to the West Coast, where he founded SSK Plastic Surgery.
Skills & Specialties
Dr. Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon and has been in practice for over 10 years. With his experience and expertise, along with his kind heart and humble demeanor, he provides his patients with exceptional cosmetic care. Dr. Kelishadi’s knowledge and skills in plastic surgery enables him to perform breast surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast enhancement, breast lift, and breast revision. Dr. Kelishadi’s broad skill set in aesthetic surgery also include cosmetic surgeries that enhance the body and face. He is highly-trained in procedures such as, face lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction. He also offers and performs cosmetic surgery for men. Dr. Kelishadi also specializes in mommy makeover procedures, which could include a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and/or breast lift for women after pregnancy.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certified in Plastic Surgery
- CA State Medical License
Active since 20
- KY State Medical License
- Chiemi JA, Kelishadi SS. “Polydioxanone Monofilament Mesh: A Safety Net for Complex Breast Implant Revision Surgery.” Aesthet Surg J. Accepted ahead of print Nov. 2022.
- Chiemi JA, Kelishadi SS. “‘Never Trust the Skin’: A Rationale for Using Polydioxanonone Internal Support Matrix to Minimize Scarring in Primary Mastopexy-Augmentation – An Observational Study.” Aesthet Surg J Open Forum. 2022 May 19;4: ojac048. doi: 10.1093/asjof/ojac048. eCollection 2022.
- Chiemi JA, Kelishadi SS. “A Rationale for Micro-textured Implant Breast Augmentation.” Aesthet Surg J Open Forum. 2022 Mar 30;4:ojac020. doi: 10.1093/asjof/ojac020. eCollection 2022.
- Chiemi JA, Kelishadi SS. “Polydioxanone Internal Support Matrix: A Rationale for Prophylactic Internal Bra Support in Breast Augmentation.” Aesthet Surg J Open Forum. 2022 Mar 30;4:ojac021. doi: 10.1093/asjof/ojac021. eCollection 2022.
- Kelishadi SS, Zeiderman MR, Chopra K, Kelamis JA, Mundinger GS, Rodriguez ED. “Facial Fracture Patterns Associated with Traumatic Optic Neuropathy.” Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2019 Mar;12(1):39-44. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1641172. Epub 2018 Mar 30.
- Zeiderman MR, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Rao A, Chowdhry S, Brooks RM, Wilhelmi BJ. “Vapocoolant Anesthesia for Cosmetic Facial Rejuvenation Injections: A Randomized, Prospective, Split-Face Trial.” Eplasty. Feb 7 2018;18:e6. eCollection 2018.
- Zeiderman MR, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Chowdhry S, Brooks RM, Wilhelmi BJ. “Reduction Mammoplasty: Intraoperative Weight Versus Pathology Weight and Its Implications.” Eplasty. Oct 12 2017;17:e32. eCollection 2017.
- Brooks R, Nguyen J, Chowdhry S, Tutela JP, Kelishadi S, Yonick D, Choo J, Wilhelmi BJ. “Champagne Groove Lipectomy: A Safe Technique to Contour the Upper Abdomen in Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. Mar 6 2017; 17:e9. eCollection 2017.
- Kelishadi SS, Omar R, Herring N, Tutela JP, Chowdhry S, Brooks R, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Safe Labiaplasty: A Study of Nerve Density in Labia Minora and Its Implications.” Aesthet Surg J. June 2016; 36(6):705-9.
- Tutela JP, Duncan DP, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Boyd T, Little JA. “Continuous Postoperative Antibiotic Irrigation via Catheter System Following Immediate Breast Reconstruction.” Eplasty. Nov 2015;15:e49.
- Kelishadi SS, Zeiderman M, Freeman DW, Tutela JP, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Double Opposing Semiocclusive Drain Dressing.” Aesthet Surg J. Feb 2016;36(2):NP71-3.
- Riccio CA, Zeiderman MR, Chowdhry S, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Choo J, Yonick DV, Wilhelmi BJ. “Plastic Surgery of the Breast: Keeping the Nipple Sensitive.” Eplasty. July 2015;15:e28.
- Chowdhry S, Davis J, Boyd T, Choo J, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Yonick D, Wilhelmi BJ. “Safe Tummy Tuck: Anatomy and Strategy to Avoid Injury to the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve During Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. June 201515:e22.
- Tutela JP, Davis J, Zeiderman M, Kelishadi SS, Wilhelmi B. “Lower Lip Suspension with Gore-tex Suture: Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Oct 2014;14:e37.
- Zeiderman MR, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Chowdry S, Wilhelmi BJ. “Double Opposing Perpendicular Linear Repair of Gauge Ear-piercing Deformity: a New Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Sep 2014;14:e31.
- Tutela JP, Banta JC, Boyd TG, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Little JA. “Scalp Reconstruction: A Review of the Literature and a Unique Case of Total Craniectomy in an Adult with Osteomyelitis of the Skull.” Eplasty. July 2014;14:e27.
- Kelishadi SS, Elston JB, Rao AJ, Tutela JP, Mizaguchi NN. “ Posterior Wedge Resection: A More Aesthetic Labiaplasty.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. August 2013;33(6):847-53.
- Tutela JP, Verbist DE, Kelishadi SS, Little JA. “Traumatic Dislocation of the Mandibular Condyle Into the Middle Cranial Fossa in an Elderly Patient: Review of Literature.” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. September 2013;24(5):1703-5.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi S, Stromberg JA, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton L, Singh DP. “Pectoralis Major Turnover Versus Advancement Technique for Sternal Wound Reconstruction.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. February 2013;70(2):211-5.
- Zahiri HR, Stump A, Kelishadi S, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Holton L, Singh DP. “Sternal Reconstruction After Cardiac Transplantation: A Case of an Oversized Donor Heart.” Eplasty. 2012; 12:e7.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi SS, Zhu Y, Medina D, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton LH 3rd, Singh DP. “Significant Predictors of Complications After Sternal Wound Reconstruction: A 21-Year Experience.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. October 2012;69(4):439-41.
- Kelishadi SS, Chopra K, Kavic SM. “Heterotopic Gastric Mucosa: A Rare Cause of Jejunal Intussusception.” The American Surgeon September 2011; 77(9): E204-205.
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Semantics of “Cost”.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery January 2010;125(1): 425-426. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Rationale for Surgical Management of Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery September 2009;124(3): 999-1000. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS, St-Hilaire H, Rodriguez ED. “Is Simultaneous Surgical Management of Advanced Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis Cost Effective?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery March 2009; 123(3):1010-1017.
- Kelishadi S, Wirth G, Evans GRD. “Recalcitrant Verrucous Lesion: Verrucous Hyperplasia or Epithelioma Cuniculatum (Verrucous Carcinoma).” Journal of the American Podiatric Association 2006; 96(2):148-153.
- Evans GRD, Kelishadi S, Ho K. “Heads Up on Brow Lift with Coapt Systems’ Endotine Forehead Technology.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery April 2004; 113(5):1504-5.
"Dr. Kelishadi is amazing!!! He made me feel so comfortable! I had Breast Augmentation May 26th. I'm three months out and loving my results! I was very self conscious about my chest. My breasts shrunk due to breast feeding. I didn't even want to change in front of my husband. (he loved them no matter what lol) and now I am feeling so great about it! He said he's even noticed a boost in my confidence level. I love it! i feel good..i feel sexy. I never thought I would actually go through with getting this done, but Dr. Kelishadi and his staff helped me with every step of the way. He was very caring and checked up on me after surgery. His staff was very nice as well. All so helpful! I highly recommend him!"
"Dr. Kelishadi and his wonderful team are beyond words- seriously incredible! I scheduled a consult with him, went and immediately knew he was the one for me. Valerie at the front desk loves her job, and you can tell just by speaking with her over the phone. When I went in for my consult, I was greeted warmly by Dr. Kelishadi, Sherry, Aida and every other member of his team. They all stopped to say "Hello" and "Welcome!" After spending an hour-long consult with Dr. Kelishadi I felt validated, heard, and confident. I went ahead and booked the surgery at the end of my consult and never looked back. I did not schedule a consultation with an other surgeons because I knew he would get it right! Back story: I was unsatisfied with my previous lift and implants. My previous surgeon had even completed a revision, yet still didn’t get it right. Turns out I had the wrong profile implants and the wrong type of lift from the beginning. Insert Dr. Kelishadi and I am over the moon with my results!He completed a revision with a lift (lollipop) and placed Ultra High Profile implants to give me the exact look I wanted. Seriously, look no further. He is the one for you!"
"I went to this office to have bio identical hormones inserted under my skin. Everyone in this office is kind and professional. I was treated extremely well and felt comfortable that I was getting great care and indeed I was! I highly recommend SSK Plastic Surgery!"
"Tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift/revision & augmentation & fat transfer - 4 kids (2 of them being c-sections) you think you know where this story is going, right?? Nope! I actually had nice skin (not a flat tire) but saggy, uneven boobs and a big, belly...from POOR EATING HABITS. I came to talk to K wanting a mommy makeover but he gave me so much more. After meeting with me he explained that given my BMI, he would not perform the surgery until I lost weight. It was the best thing that he could've ever done for me because he didn't just give me a mommy makeover, he gave me a lifestyle change which is a mental consciousness of my health.3 months later, I was within a healthy weight and today, I'm 10 days post op. I had a tummy tuck, breast lift/revision and augmentation. I had a fat transfer and liposuction. I will not lie. IT HURTS. Well, it hurt. Today it's more irritating to be lying in a beach chair type position lol! Day 1 was fine because I was doped up. Day 2-5 I regretted doing it. I cried. I asked myself 100x why I did this but it's ok. It's mentally exhausting. But YOU CAN DO IT. You'll cry. Scream. Yell. Question it all. But you will be SO HAPPY you gave yourself this gift. You are in the BEST of hands. I'm only days days post op but I know a year from now I'll be back on here smiling and answering your questions as you go through your journey."
"I am 2 weeks post-op from a breast augmentation with Dr. Kelishadi.I could not have chosen a better doctor. Dr Kelishadi is not only an extremely skilled surgeon, but also a very kind person who truly cares about his patients - I mean this wholeheartedly - I had some concerns because of a health condition I have and Dr. K empathized and gave me complete confidence in that the surgery will go well despite this, and took extra care because of my condition. The surgery center was immaculate, the nurses and anesthesiologists were experienced, kind, and made me feel very comfortable. I was contacted by the team post-op to ask how recovery was going and even given a direct line for Dr Kelishadi if something were to come up.Recovery was much easier than expected with the Dr’s methods. I am still healing but I already find my result perfect... I cannot recommend SSK enough!"
What to Know Before Getting a Facelift in Newport Beach, CA
Ask the right questions and know all of your facelift options before making your final decision.Read
How Should I Sleep After Mommy Makeover Surgery?
Get the restful sleep you’ll need during mommy makeover recovery with these helpful tips.Read
Can a Tummy Tuck Get Rid of Diastasis Recti?
Tired of your mom bod? Get rid of your belly pooch with a tummy tuck for diastasis recti repair.Read
When Will Swelling Go Down After Breast Augmentation?
Curious about when you’ll be able to enjoy the final results of your breast augmentation? Find out how long breast augmentation swelling may last.Read