Meet Dr. Kelishadi
Dr. Shahrooz Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA. He is also the President of SSK Plastic Surgery. Prior to practicing in California, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland. Later, Dr. Kelishadi served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. Both residencies provided Dr. Kelishadi with a strong and diverse foundation that has equipped him to perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries. Dr. Kelishadi has a great passion for combining science and beauty as an art. Therefore, as a highly-qualified Plastic Surgeon, he is constantly continuing his education to provide his patients with the latest and most modern techniques for optimum results.
As a leading plastic surgeon, Dr. Kelishadi has been recognized by RealSelf as a Top Contributor. This designation is saved for providers that share the mission of empowering patients to make informed decisions based on reliable information. This award is given to less than 10% of the RealSelf Community and is also a recognition of their high patient rating and favorable feedback on their contributions.
Education & Training
Dr. Sean Kelishadi received his undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. After receiving his B.S. in biology and chemistry, he continued his education at the University of Tennessee-Memphis College of Medicine in Memphis, TN. Upon receiving his medical degree from UTCOM, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland and the prestigious Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, MD. Later, he served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville, in Louisville, KY. Following the completion of his plastic surgery residency, Dr. Kelishadi relocated to the West Coast, where he founded SSK Plastic Surgery.
Skills & Specialties
Dr. Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon and has been in practice for over 10 years. With his experience and expertise, along with his kind heart and humble demeanor, he provides his patients with exceptional cosmetic care. Dr. Kelishadi’s knowledge and skills in plastic surgery enables him to perform breast surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast enhancement, breast lift, and breast revision. Dr. Kelishadi’s broad skill set in aesthetic surgery also include cosmetic surgeries that enhance the body and face. He is highly-trained in procedures such as, face lifts, mommy makeover surgeries, tummy tucks, and liposuction. He also offers and performs cosmetic surgery for men.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certified in Plastic Surgery
- CA State Medical License
Active since 20
- KY State Medical License
- Brooks R, Nguyen J, Chowdhry S, Tutela JP, Kelishadi S, Yonick D, Choo J, Wilhelmi BJ. “Champagne Groove Lipectomy: A Safe Technique to Contour the Upper Abdomen in Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. Mar 6 2017; 17:e9. eCollection 2017.
- Kelishadi SS, Omar R, Herring N, Tutela JP, Chowdhry S, Brooks R, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Safe Labiaplasty: A Study of Nerve Density in Labia Minora and Its Implications.” Aesthet Surg J. June 2016; 36(6):705-9.
- Tutela JP, Duncan DP, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Boyd T, Little JA. “Continuous Postoperative Antibiotic Irrigation via Catheter System Following Immediate Breast Reconstruction.” Eplasty. Nov 2015;15:e49.
- Kelishadi SS, Zeiderman M, Freeman DW, Tutela JP, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Double Opposing Semiocclusive Drain Dressing.” Aesthet Surg J. Feb 2016;36(2):NP71-3.
- Riccio CA, Zeiderman MR, Chowdhry S, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Choo J, Yonick DV, Wilhelmi BJ. “Plastic Surgery of the Breast: Keeping the Nipple Sensitive.” Eplasty. July 2015;15:e28.
- Chowdhry S, Davis J, Boyd T, Choo J, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Yonick D, Wilhelmi BJ. “Safe Tummy Tuck: Anatomy and Strategy to Avoid Injury to the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve During Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. June 201515:e22.
- Tutela JP, Davis J, Zeiderman M, Kelishadi SS, Wilhelmi B. “Lower Lip Suspension with Gore-tex Suture: Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Oct 2014;14:e37.
- Zeiderman MR, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Chowdry S, Wilhelmi BJ. “Double Opposing Perpendicular Linear Repair of Gauge Ear-piercing Deformity: a New Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Sep 2014;14:e31.
- Tutela JP, Banta JC, Boyd TG, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Little JA. “Scalp Reconstruction: A Review of the Literature and a Unique Case of Total Craniectomy in an Adult with Osteomyelitis of the Skull.” Eplasty. July 2014;14:e27.
- Kelishadi SS, Elston JB, Rao AJ, Tutela JP, Mizaguchi NN. “ Posterior Wedge Resection: A More Aesthetic Labiaplasty.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. August 2013;33(6):847-53.
- Tutela JP, Verbist DE, Kelishadi SS, Little JA. “Traumatic Dislocation of the Mandibular Condyle Into the Middle Cranial Fossa in an Elderly Patient: Review of Literature.” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. September 2013;24(5):1703-5.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi S, Stromberg JA, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton L, Singh DP. “Pectoralis Major Turnover Versus Advancement Technique for Sternal Wound Reconstruction.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. February 2013;70(2):211-5.
- Zahiri HR, Stump A, Kelishadi S, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Holton L, Singh DP. “Sternal Reconstruction After Cardiac Transplantation: A Case of an Oversized Donor Heart.” Eplasty. 2012; 12:e7.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi SS, Zhu Y, Medina D, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton LH 3rd, Singh DP. “Significant Predictors of Complications After Sternal Wound Reconstruction: A 21-Year Experience.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. October 2012;69(4):439-41.
- Kelishadi SS, Chopra K, Kavic SM. “Heterotopic Gastric Mucosa: A Rare Cause of Jejunal Intussusception.” The American Surgeon September 2011; 77(9): E204-205.
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Semantics of “Cost”.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery January 2010;125(1): 425-426. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Rationale for Surgical Management of Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery September 2009;124(3): 999-1000. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS, St-Hilaire H, Rodriguez ED. “Is Simultaneous Surgical Management of Advanced Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis Cost Effective?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery March 2009; 123(3):1010-1017.
- Kelishadi S, Wirth G, Evans GRD. “Recalcitrant Verrucous Lesion: Verrucous Hyperplasia or Epithelioma Cuniculatum (Verrucous Carcinoma).” Journal of the American Podiatric Association 2006; 96(2):148-153.
- Evans GRD, Kelishadi S, Ho K. “Heads Up on Brow Lift with Coapt Systems’ Endotine Forehead Technology.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery April 2004; 113(5):1504-5.
Will Labiaplasty Affect Sexual Sensation?
Will I experience loss of sensation after labiaplasty? Learn more about the benefits of labia minora surgery and how it affects sexual sensation here.Read
How Long Is the Recovery Time from Breast Revision?
Breast revision surgery helps women who are not satisfied with their breast implants. See how a revision can restore confidence in your appearance.Read
What Does ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation Help With?
If you struggle with loose vaginal tissue or dryness, a ThermiVa procedure can retighten the area. Learn more about nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation.Read
Why is the Mommy Makeover So Popular in Newport Beach?
Want to get your pre-baby body back? Learn more about mommy makeovers in Newport Beach, what they include, and what to expect after the procedure.Read