Meet Dr. Kelishadi
Dr. Shahrooz Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA. He is also the President of SSK Plastic Surgery. Prior to practicing in California, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland. Later, Dr. Kelishadi served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville in Kentucky. Both residencies provided Dr. Kelishadi with a strong and diverse foundation that has equipped him to perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries. Dr. Kelishadi has a great passion for combining science and beauty as an art. Therefore, as a highly-qualified Plastic Surgeon, he is constantly continuing his education to provide his patients with the latest and most modern techniques for optimum results.
As a leading plastic surgeon, Dr. Kelishadi has been recognized by RealSelf as a Top Contributor. This designation is saved for providers that share the mission of empowering patients to make informed decisions based on reliable information. This award is given to less than 10% of the RealSelf Community and is also a recognition of their high patient rating and favorable feedback on their contributions.
Education & Training
Dr. Sean Kelishadi received his undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. After receiving his B.S. in biology and chemistry, he continued his education at the University of Tennessee-Memphis College of Medicine in Memphis, TN. Upon receiving his medical degree from UTCOM, he served his general surgery residency at the University of Maryland and the prestigious Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, MD. Later, he served his plastic surgery residency at the University of Louisville, in Louisville, KY. Following the completion of his plastic surgery residency, Dr. Kelishadi relocated to the West Coast, where he founded SSK Plastic Surgery.
Skills & Specialties
Dr. Sean Kelishadi is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon and has been in practice for over 10 years. With his experience and expertise, along with his kind heart and humble demeanor, he provides his patients with exceptional cosmetic care. Dr. Kelishadi’s knowledge and skills in plastic surgery enables him to perform breast surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast enhancement, breast lift, and breast revision. Dr. Kelishadi’s broad skill set in aesthetic surgery also include cosmetic surgeries that enhance the body and face. He is highly-trained in procedures such as, face lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction. He also offers and performs cosmetic surgery for men. Dr. Kelishadi also specializes in mommy makeover procedures, which could include a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and/or breast lift for women after pregnancy.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certified in Plastic Surgery
- CA State Medical License
Active since 20
- KY State Medical License
- Brooks R, Nguyen J, Chowdhry S, Tutela JP, Kelishadi S, Yonick D, Choo J, Wilhelmi BJ. “Champagne Groove Lipectomy: A Safe Technique to Contour the Upper Abdomen in Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. Mar 6 2017; 17:e9. eCollection 2017.
- Kelishadi SS, Omar R, Herring N, Tutela JP, Chowdhry S, Brooks R, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Safe Labiaplasty: A Study of Nerve Density in Labia Minora and Its Implications.” Aesthet Surg J. June 2016; 36(6):705-9.
- Tutela JP, Duncan DP, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Boyd T, Little JA. “Continuous Postoperative Antibiotic Irrigation via Catheter System Following Immediate Breast Reconstruction.” Eplasty. Nov 2015;15:e49.
- Kelishadi SS, Zeiderman M, Freeman DW, Tutela JP, Wilhelmi BJ. “The Double Opposing Semiocclusive Drain Dressing.” Aesthet Surg J. Feb 2016;36(2):NP71-3.
- Riccio CA, Zeiderman MR, Chowdhry S, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Choo J, Yonick DV, Wilhelmi BJ. “Plastic Surgery of the Breast: Keeping the Nipple Sensitive.” Eplasty. July 2015;15:e28.
- Chowdhry S, Davis J, Boyd T, Choo J, Brooks RM, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Yonick D, Wilhelmi BJ. “Safe Tummy Tuck: Anatomy and Strategy to Avoid Injury to the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve During Abdominoplasty.” Eplasty. June 201515:e22.
- Tutela JP, Davis J, Zeiderman M, Kelishadi SS, Wilhelmi B. “Lower Lip Suspension with Gore-tex Suture: Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Oct 2014;14:e37.
- Zeiderman MR, Kelishadi SS, Tutela JP, Chowdry S, Wilhelmi BJ. “Double Opposing Perpendicular Linear Repair of Gauge Ear-piercing Deformity: a New Technique and Literature Review.” Eplasty. Sep 2014;14:e31.
- Tutela JP, Banta JC, Boyd TG, Kelishadi SS, Chowdhry S, Little JA. “Scalp Reconstruction: A Review of the Literature and a Unique Case of Total Craniectomy in an Adult with Osteomyelitis of the Skull.” Eplasty. July 2014;14:e27.
- Kelishadi SS, Elston JB, Rao AJ, Tutela JP, Mizaguchi NN. “ Posterior Wedge Resection: A More Aesthetic Labiaplasty.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. August 2013;33(6):847-53.
- Tutela JP, Verbist DE, Kelishadi SS, Little JA. “Traumatic Dislocation of the Mandibular Condyle Into the Middle Cranial Fossa in an Elderly Patient: Review of Literature.” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. September 2013;24(5):1703-5.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi S, Stromberg JA, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton L, Singh DP. “Pectoralis Major Turnover Versus Advancement Technique for Sternal Wound Reconstruction.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. February 2013;70(2):211-5.
- Zahiri HR, Stump A, Kelishadi S, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Holton L, Singh DP. “Sternal Reconstruction After Cardiac Transplantation: A Case of an Oversized Donor Heart.” Eplasty. 2012; 12:e7.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi SS, Zhu Y, Medina D, Condé-Green A, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton LH 3rd, Singh DP. “Significant Predictors of Complications After Sternal Wound Reconstruction: A 21-Year Experience.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. October 2012;69(4):439-41.
- Kelishadi SS, Chopra K, Kavic SM. “Heterotopic Gastric Mucosa: A Rare Cause of Jejunal Intussusception.” The American Surgeon September 2011; 77(9): E204-205.
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Semantics of “Cost”.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery January 2010;125(1): 425-426. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS and Rodriguez ED. “The Rationale for Surgical Management of Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery September 2009;124(3): 999-1000. (editorial)
- Kelishadi SS, St-Hilaire H, Rodriguez ED. “Is Simultaneous Surgical Management of Advanced Craniofacial Osteoradionecrosis Cost Effective?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery March 2009; 123(3):1010-1017.
- Kelishadi S, Wirth G, Evans GRD. “Recalcitrant Verrucous Lesion: Verrucous Hyperplasia or Epithelioma Cuniculatum (Verrucous Carcinoma).” Journal of the American Podiatric Association 2006; 96(2):148-153.
- Evans GRD, Kelishadi S, Ho K. “Heads Up on Brow Lift with Coapt Systems’ Endotine Forehead Technology.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery April 2004; 113(5):1504-5.
"Dr. Kelishadi is amazing!!! He made me feel so comfortable! I had Breast Augmentation May 26th. I'm three months out and loving my results! I was very self conscious about my chest. My breasts shrunk due to breast feeding. I didn't even want to change in front of my husband. (he loved them no matter what lol) and now I am feeling so great about it! He said he's even noticed a boost in my confidence level. I love it! i feel good..i feel sexy. I never thought I would actually go through with getting this done, but Dr. Kelishadi and his staff helped me with every step of the way. He was very caring and checked up on me after surgery. His staff was very nice as well. All so helpful! I highly recommend him!"
"Ladies if you are thinking about getting any type of cosmetic surgery done, this is the place!! From financing to the surgery it was such a easy process. Dr. Kelishadi and his assistant Valerie are awesome! Dr. Kelishadi takes the time to discuss your expectations and what he can do for you. I got my lift and augmentation in July, now I am going back for my tummy tuck and fat transfer to my buttocks. I am beyond excited, thank you Dr. Kelishadi!"
"Here is the before (on right) and after (on left, brighter pic) pics.My main issue was the crease between my eyes, in the middle, slightly above and in my brow area. In the pics it looks slight but in real life I had a definite crease, which was obvious.As you can see that has been taken care of!!! Also the other wrinkles on my forehead area look much better, too.The staff at SSK, NB was amazing and Dr. Kelishadii is top notch!Krystal- thanks again for making my 1st Botox experience a awesome one and giving me such amazing results.PS still seeing the results."
"This review is for Krystal. I was going to SSK for a consultation (from out of town) and since I was going to be in the office, I thought I should make the most of it and have Botox done while there. I had only had Botox done 1x before and it was approx 3 years ago. It was an awful experience, but I thought I would give SSK and Krystal a try and see if it would be any better. I informed the staff that I have a phobia of needles and so anything we could do to make it better would be much appreciated. Their office is clean and very nice and puts you at ease. Krystal did everything possible to make it the best experience- and it was! She didn’t draw on my face, but rather on the paper next to her, she used the best needles to make them the most effective and reduce pain, she applied a numbing cream (AMAZING), let me listen to music and checked in with me during. Her technique was incredible and you can tell she truly is a master of her craft! I didn’t pass out. I didn’t hurt and I didn’t even bruise!!! My lines are worlds better and it is all because of Krystal. Thank you for listening to me and taking the time to do a great job! You’re so talented."
"I had my consultation and hands down the best experience ever! The Dr Kelishadi took his time with me during our consultation. He’s a great listener but an even better educator. He was engaging and extremely knowledgeable he truly loves what he does and it shows! I will be moving forward with him and can’t wait to see the final result!"
How Can My Vaginal Appearance Be Improved?
Self-conscious about long or hanging labia? Consider vaginal rejuvenation surgery.Read
When Should Breast Implants Be Replaced?
Even if your breast implants seem to be doing fine after all these years, they may still need to be replaced. Find out why here.Read
Can My Hairline Be Restored with NeoGraft® FUE Hair Restoration?
Looking for a hair transplant option that does not require linear incisions, sutures, or scarring? NeoGraft FUE hair restoration may be right for you.Read
How Many Sizes Can I Drop with Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Want to whittle down your waist with a tummy tuck? Find out just how snatched your figure can get after abdominoplasty surgery.Read