Learn How To Pick The Right Sized Breast Implant
Perhaps one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make leading up to breast augmentation surgery is what size you want your new breasts to be. Appropriately sized breast implants can dramatically enhance your figure, create a more balanced physique, and give you the stunning, feminine look you’ve always wanted. However, choosing breast implant size can sometimes be a tricky process, and it is always helpful to seek the advice and direction of a qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced physician. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi and the expert team at SSK Plastic Surgery are dedicated to helping Orange County breast augmentation patients select implants that will best fit their body type, lifestyle, and ultimate cosmetic goals.
If you are considering breast augmentation in Newport Beach, CA follow these tips and guidelines to make sure you choose a breast implant size that is the perfect fit for you.
Which kind of breast implant is best?
Although you may already have an idea of what size breast implant you want, the first step in breast augmentation will be to choose which kind of implant will be used. The two most common types of breast implants are saline and silicone gel, each of which has its own unique set of characteristics and benefits:
- Saline breast implants: Saline implants have been around for many, many years, and were the only choice for breast augmentation at one time. These implants contain a saltwater/saline solution and can be inserted into the breast pocket, either filled or unfilled. In the event of an implant rupture, the saline solution will be safely absorbed by the body, but the implant will deflate and require replacement.
- Silicone gel breast implants: Silicone implants are made from a non-fluid gel material and can come in several varieties, including textured, smooth, and shaped. Many patients agree that silicone gel implants often look and feel more like natural breasts than saline implants. Another advantage of silicone implants is that they are, typically, less prone to showing ripples, making them a popular choice for thinner women.
The choice between saline and silicone implants is ultimately a personal one, but Dr. Kelishadi will thoroughly explain all the aspects of the different types of breast implants to help you choose which one may be most appropriate for your individual needs and goals in Newport Beach, CA.
Choosing a breast implant size
For many women, settling on a breast implant size can be the most difficult part of the entire breast augmentation process. Although the internet can certainly provide valuable information when it comes to breast surgery, choosing an implant size is extremely individualized and should take into account the patient’s body type, lifestyle, and other factors. Some beneficial tips for choosing breast implant size include:
- Consider your body type: Breast implant sizes are identified by a certain “cc” number, which refers to their volume. It is important to remember that a 350cc implant may look completely different on a petite, athletic body type than on a woman who is 5’10” and curvy. Even the traditional bra sizing system is not consistent when taking individual body shapes into consideration. Choosing implant size based on height and weight is a more meaningful approach. It may also be helpful to browse before-and-after galleries to get an idea of what a certain implant size looks like on a woman with a similar body type to your own.
- Try out different sizes: During your initial consultation at SSK Plastic Surgery, Dr. Kelishadi will use a variety of tools and techniques, including samples and sizers, to help you get a more accurate idea of how different implant sizes may look on you. In many cases, women have slight breast asymmetry and may actually require two different implant sizes to achieve a more symmetric look. This is something Dr. Kelishadi plans for, often bringing multiple different implant sizes into the operating room in case any last-minute changes are needed to achieve the perfect fit.
- Think about your lifestyle: Consider your goals and reasons for undergoing breast augmentation. Are you hoping to look more feminine? Do you want to fill out your clothing better? Are you looking for a dramatically augmented look or a more natural contour? Do you live a very active lifestyle and exercise or run every day? All of these questions can help you determine what implant size may work best for your particular needs.
- Listen to your surgeon: While implant type and size is ultimately a personal decision, a qualified and knowledgeable surgeon can offer valuable direction. Dr. Kelishadi is highly experienced in both routine and complex breast augmentation techniques and has a deep understanding of how different implant sizes will be tolerated from patient to patient. For instance, subtle nuances – such as thin skin or skin laxity – can drastically affect the body’s ability to support larger implants. It is essential to have a surgeon who is exceptionally adept at guiding patients through the process of selecting an implant size that will provide a gorgeous look, ideal outcome, and long-lasting results with minimal risk of complication.
Am I a good candidate for Newport Beach, CA breast augmentation?
Most adult women who are in good health, do not smoke, and are not pregnant or breastfeeding can be considered for breast augmentation. Once you make the decision to get breast implants, there are still a number of important decisions that need to be made, and it is essential to seek the direction of a highly knowledgeable and skilled plastic surgeon.
If you are ready to take your look to the next level and feel more confident and beautiful than ever before, call the friendly team at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA to schedule your one-on-one consultation or online consultation with renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi. Don’t wait any longer to get the stunning, feminine figure you’ve always wanted; call us to learn more about breast augmentation today!