How Many Procedures Are Included In A Mommy Makeover?
If you are looking for a way to address multiple concerns in a single surgery, achieve a dramatic transformation, and restore or attain the figure of your dreams, you would be hard-pressed to find a procedure more effective than the mommy makeover. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi and the exceptional team at SSK Plastic Surgery are proud to help Newport Beach, CA women look and feel like they’ve always wanted – or like they used to – using the exciting and innovative procedures included in a mommy makeover. While it is likely that you have heard of a mommy makeover, you may still be uncertain about what it actually entails. Follow along here to learn more about which surgeries are performed during a mommy makeover, how the procedure can help you, and how long you should wait to pursue it.
What exactly is a mommy makeover?
One of the most common misconceptions about the mommy makeover is that it is a single, specific, defined surgery. In reality, a mommy makeover is a customized surgical plan tailored to each individual patient to best address her needs and achieve her goals. During your initial consultation, Dr. Kelishadi will thoroughly assess your case, discuss your goals at length, and explain all of your options in detail. After taking all of the time necessary to answer your questions, Dr. Kelishadi will recommend a menu of procedures to include in your mommy makeover, all of which are selected based on your needs and concerns.
What procedures are included in a mommy makeover?
While the specific surgeries that make up each mommy makeover will differ from patient to patient, some of the most common procedures included are:
- Breast augmentation: the artificial addition of volume to the breasts through the use of saline implants, silicone implants, or fat transfer
- Breast lift: the repositioning and lifting of the breasts through the removal of excess skin
- Breast reduction: the removal of skin, fat, and breast tissue for the purpose of reducing the size and weight of the breasts and improving their position
- Tummy tuck: the removal of excess skin from the abdomen, sometimes accompanied by a tightening of the abdominal fascia, to produce a sleeker, flatter midsection
- Liposuction: the surgical removal of small pockets of stubborn fat using a vacuum-like process
- Brazilian butt lift: a fat augmentation procedure during which the surgeon takes fat from one area of a patient’s body and injects it into the buttocks to improve the size, shape, and volume of the rear end
- Labiaplasty: a cosmetic revision of the vaginal lips
How long after giving birth can I have a mommy makeover?
With the pressures of social media and Hollywood in modern times, many women are in a hurry to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies soon after having a baby. However, it is important to remember that after giving birth, your body needs an adequate amount of time to heal and recover before undergoing a major surgical procedure.
Additionally, a large number of the procedures often included in a mommy makeover are best-suited for women who are at or near an ideal, stable weight in order to achieve and maintain the best results possible. For instance, if a woman has a Brazilian butt lift as part of her mommy makeover but continues to lose pregnancy weight following the procedure, it is likely that the results of the BBL will be severely compromised or even reversed completely.
The recommended length of time between having a baby and undergoing a mommy makeover varies from patient to patient, but, in general, it is a good idea to wait a minimum of 6 – 12 months after delivery before pursuing cosmetic surgery. Dr. Kelishadi and the knowledgeable team at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA can help you further determine if, and when, a mommy makeover may be right for you.
Am I a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
Fortunately, a large number of women in good health can be considered for a mommy makeover. In fact, women who have never had children can also be fantastic candidates for the procedure! Many of the surgeries typically included in a mommy makeover, such as the tummy tuck, can be highly beneficial, particularly for after weight loss patients. In general, patients considering a mommy makeover should be:
- In good health
- Not pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- At or near their ideal weight
The best way to determine with certainty whether or not you may be a candidate for a mommy makeover is to be evaluated by a qualified, certified, and experienced plastic surgeon. Call the convenient Newport Beach, CA office of SSK Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon and President of SSK Plastic Surgery Dr. Sean Kelishadi today, and learn more about how a custom-curated mommy makeover can help you finally get the figure you’ve always dreamed of!