Eight Things To Consider Before Mommy Makeover Surgery
For women looking to restore their pre-baby body, combat the signs of aging, or correct side effects of extreme weight loss, there are fewer procedures as beneficial as mommy makeover surgery. Award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi and the exceptional team at SSK Plastic Surgery are proud to help women achieve the stunning body of their dreams with advanced mommy makeover surgery in Newport Beach, CA. If you are thinking about undergoing a mommy makeover, make sure to prepare accordingly with this list of eight important considerations.
What is mommy makeover surgery?
Mommy makeover surgery is an exciting and transformative cosmetic procedure that is commonly used by women to reverse the unwanted side effects of pregnancy/childbirth, aging, and weight loss. One thing that makes a mommy makeover so unique and beneficial is that the surgery is customized to include a set of treatments and procedures that best meets each patient’s needs.
Is mommy makeover right for me?
Making the decision to undergo any cosmetic procedure – particularly one as extensive as mommy makeover surgery – should be thought through carefully and discussed with your surgeon at length. Use this helpful list of eight important considerations when thinking about mommy makeover surgery in Newport Beach:
1. Procedures included in mommy makeover: Perhaps the first and most important consideration regarding a mommy makeover is whether the procedure meets your needs. Fortunately, each mommy makeover can be custom-tailored to address the patient’s specific concerns. Some of the most common treatments performed as part of full mommy makeover surgery include:
2. Benefits of a mommy makeover: The list of potential benefits of mommy makeover surgery is impressive and can help patients considering the procedure better understand whether it may be right for them. Concerns and complaints that are often addressed with a mommy makeover include:
- Sagging breasts
- Drooping breasts
- Excess skin
- Loose skin
- Hanging skin
- Stubborn fat
- Unwanted side effects of pregnancy
- Changes after weight loss
- Effects of aging
3. Having more children: Women considering mommy makeover surgery should think carefully about whether they plan to have children in the future. While pregnancy after mommy makeover is certainly possible and safe, it may severely compromise or reverse the results of your procedure. Should a woman get pregnant again after mommy makeover, revision surgery may help to restore her original results. To avoid the need for a second or subsequent procedure, however, patients are strongly encouraged to wait until they have finished building their family before having a mommy makeover.
4. How mommy makeover works: Before deciding to have cosmetic surgery, patients should have a firm understanding about what to expect during their intended procedure. Mommy makeover details can vary somewhat from case to case, though most mommy makeover procedures are performed using general anesthesia and may take about 2 – 4 hours. Patients should also have a realistic expectation of their results and what kind of scarring to expect. During your initial consultation for mommy makeover in Newport Beach, Dr. Kelishadi will thoroughly discuss your surgical plan, including how your scars may appear.
5. Available downtime: Mommy makeover is often an extensive surgery and requires a fairly lengthy downtime. Patients should ensure they are able to take enough time off work for mommy makeover recovery, which may be up to 2 – 4 weeks.
6. How long mommy makeover lasts: When you are thinking about having plastic surgery, one of the most important questions to ask is how long you can expect your results to last. While cosmetic surgery, unfortunately, cannot stop the aging process altogether, it can help patients achieve a dramatic transformation with long-lasting results. To preserve your mommy makeover results for as long as possible, use these helpful tips:
- Avoid weight fluctuation
- Maintain a consistent diet and exercise routine
- Defer mommy makeover until after you are done having children
- Consider nonsurgical treatments for maintenance
7. Alternative procedures: Women considering mommy makeover surgery may also benefit from alternative nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatments, though surgery is undoubtedly able to provide the best and longest-lasting results.
8. Best mommy makeover surgeon in Newport Beach: Without question, the most important consideration when contemplating mommy makeover surgery in Newport Beach, CA is your choice of surgeon. When performed by a highly qualified, experienced, board-certified physician, like Dr. Kelishadi, mommy makeover surgery can produce a gorgeous, natural-looking, youthful new physique you can enjoy for years to come.
Be confident about your decision to undergo mommy makeover surgery in Newport Beach, CA
With appropriate research, knowledge, and preparation, you can go into mommy makeover surgery with comfort and confidence. To learn more about the life-changing benefits of full mommy makeover surgery and whether it may be right for you, call the knowledgeable team at SSK Plastic Surgery to schedule your private consultation with experienced board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi today. We look forward to helping you achieve or restore the stunning, sexy body you’ve been hoping for with Newport Beach mommy makeover surgery!