Five Reasons Women Are Choosing Smaller Breast Implants
Many of us can remember a time when breast implants were widely portrayed as excessively large – almost cartoonish – in Hollywood and the media. However, as breast augmentation has become more and more prevalent, this has changed. Millions of women each year decide to get breast implants for a variety of personal reasons, and while some patients still prefer a dramatic size increase, many are choosing smaller implants for a more natural, subtle look. The caring and compassionate team at SSK Plastic Surgery in Newport Beach, CA, led by internationally recognized board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi, is highly adept at assisting women in choosing the most appropriate breast implant size, shape, and type for achieving their ideal result.
What size breast implant should I get?
Believe it or not, choosing an implant size is often the most difficult part of the entire breast augmentation process. Keep in mind, breast implant sizes refer to their volume (in cc) rather than utilizing universal cup sizes. For small-framed women, a 350cc breast implant might look disproportionately large, while a taller, broad-shouldered patient may only see a subtle difference in their figure using 350cc implants. Furthermore, each woman has different goals for her surgery, whether she is looking to simply restore a more natural look after pregnancy and breastfeeding, or achieve a dramatically more feminine figure. Seeking the advice of an experienced and knowledgeable plastic surgeon is the best way to determine which breast implant size is right for you.
What are the benefits of getting smaller breast implants?
First and foremost, it is important for patients to understand that “smaller implants” is a relative idea, meaning smaller implants may mean one thing to you and something completely different to another woman. Critical things to consider when selecting the best implant type and size for you include:
- Natural breast size/volume
- Breast position
- Skin elasticity
- Goals for surgery
- Personal preference
During your initial consultation and preoperative appointments, Dr. Kelishadi will take a complex series of measurements across your chest, breast, and nipples to help him make his final surgical recommendations, including what size of implant to use, whether or not a breast lift is needed, and more.
While the primary purpose of breast augmentation is to increase breast volume, small breast implants are often enough to produce a patient’s ideal outcome. There are also some unique advantages to choosing a slightly smaller-sized implant than you may have been considering initially. Five common reasons that women opt for smaller breast implants include:
1. Want a more natural look: Pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, and other life events can, undoubtedly, result in lost breast volume. A great deal of women utilize breast augmentation simply to restore a more youthful, natural-looking figure, in which case smaller breast implants can be a fantastic solution.
2. Have a small frame: Women who are naturally thin, short, or petite often select smaller implants in order to maintain appealing proportions that don’t overwhelm their frame.
3. To avoid complications: While breast implant risks are low and complications are relatively rare, they can occur from time to time and are often attributed to an inappropriately sized implant. For example, when an implant is too large or heavy for the surrounding tissue to support it properly, implant displacement – such as bottoming out – may occur, which will require a revision or replacement procedure.
4. Lead an active lifestyle: Women who are avid runners or fitness enthusiasts often favor smaller implants that allow them to continue their physical activities comfortably while still achieving a more feminine, sexy figure.
5. Personal preference: All other things aside, some patients simply prefer smaller breast implants. For some, a smaller implant size makes them feel more confident and comfortable, while other women are able to maintain more natural proportions with smaller implants.
Achieve the body of your dreams with breast implants in Newport Beach, CA
If you are healthy, at a stable weight, do not smoke, and want to enhance your feminine figure with stunning, long-lasting results, then breast augmentation may be the answer you’ve been searching for! Call our exceptional team to schedule your Newport Beach breast augmentation consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sean Kelishadi at SSK Plastic Surgery. We are also excited to offer online consultations for patients who prefer to be “seen” from the privacy and convenience of their own living room! Either way, we look forward to helping you explore the life-altering benefits of breast augmentation surgery and, ultimately, providing the tools and guidance you need to select the perfect implant – large or small – for you!