6 Top Cosmetic Surgeries For Men
“I say to the paparazzi, 'Fellas, take your shot and go.' It's just they usually find me on a beach.”
Men from all different walks of life are reaching out to Newport Beach Plastic Surgery offices about cosmetic procedures to enhance their appearance. The idea that cosmetic surgery is just for women in this day and age is entirely a myth; men are just as conscientious as women about their body image and they explore options for how to make the most of their appearance. Many men wish to look younger, trimmer, and more masculine, which may help them to be more competitive in the job market. Achieving those physical attributes can also help them to feel and be more desirable to their partners. With all such factors in mind, they look forward to their plastic surgery before and after.
In a world where celebrities rule the trends, men are asking plastic surgeons in Newport Beach about their favorite celebrity chin-types, their ideal muscular definition, and how far back they would like to reverse the clock. Which types of cosmetic procedures are driving men to reach out to Newport Beach Plastic Surgeons?
1. Rhinoplasty: Over 50,000 men opted in for Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery, “nose job”) in 2013, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Although Rhinoplasty had been far more popular in previous years, it still maintains strength in the category of male cosmetic procedures. Whether the reason is broken noses from sports injuries, or the need to be happier with their appearance, men have pursued Rhinoplasty for a stronger facial structure.
2. Injectables: Also known as “Brotox,” injectables produce great results for men who are looking for non-surgical options to achieve a more-youthful look. Nearly 400,000 men are participants in Brotox injections, which give them the relaxed and happier version of themselves they hope to see in the mirror. This is a great solution for someone who’s looking for lasting results after little to no recovery time.
3. Liposuction: Inquiries have been pouring in for Liposuction in Newport Beach! Liposuction and body contouring are still the most-popular procedures in the United States. According to the ASPS Plastic Surgery Statistics report, men had over 20,000 of the Liposuction procedures, making them 12% of the overall lipo market. Age, stress, lifestyle, and genetics can make it hard for men to achieve the weight loss they desire. Fortunately, Liposuction has made it very possible for men and women alike to achieve their desired looks when life refuses to give their bodies back.
4. Eyelid Surgery: The face can really tell a story about your age, stress level, and emotions. If any detail can give away hints to your lifestyle, you can find it in the eyes. Men are just as concerned as women about dark circles, sagging eyelids, and bags under their eyes. Almost 30,000 men have opted in for eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) in recent years. Upper and lower eyelid surgery ( double blepharoplasty ) is a great solution for those who are looking to restore their youth.
5. Gynecomastia: Male breast reductions, Gynecomastia, increased 29% since the year 2000, with more than 25,000 partaking in 2014. Male breast-reduction surgery totals about 11% of cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States. About 50% of men, including teenage boys, experience enlarged breasts, which they feel interfere with their quality of life. For those men who find themselves feeling embarrassed and tired of hiding under oversized sweatshirts, Gynecomastia is a great solution if they are indeed good surgical candidates.
6. Brazilian Butt Lift: Many men don’t like changes to their buttocks over time due to aging, neglect, or trauma; others were born without enough tissue/fat in that area. The result: an explosion over the last several years in requests for the Brazilian Butt Lift to fill out their clothing, keep their pants up, and enhance their sex appeal. This all-natural, safe procedure is done by liposuctioning the patient’s own fat from plentiful areas (such as abdomen, chest, back, flanks) and injecting it into the buttocks to produce the tailored fullness or “lift.” Liposuction of the abdomen can produce a desired 6-pack, along with fuller and more-muscular buttocks and bigger pecs, too.
Men have over 200,000 cosmetic surgical procedures a year, and plastic surgeons in Newport Beach see that number increasing as time progresses. Some of these procedures can be combined in a daddy makeover.
For more information about any procedure mentioned here, except Gynecomastia, please go to the full-length page that addresses it in its applicable BODY, FACE, or SKIN section of this site. If you or someone you know has questions about cosmetic surgery procedures for men, feel free to contact our office for the most in-depth and personalized answers. Call today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward improving your confidence.
“It's tiny [his butt]. What can I do?” – Ricky Martin
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.